IT AND TECHNOLOGY STRATEGY
Technology Strategies underpin an organisation's overall Business Strategy and will define how technology will be used to help the organisation meet its strategic priorities and objectives. This will, typically, provide a Technology Roadmap for all aspects of IT (existing and new) within the organisation.
We can help you with the production of your Technology Strategy and have used numerous approaches which would, typically, go through the following steps:
- Identifying the opportunities and challenges to be addressed by the Technology Strategy - by reviewing the organisation's Business Strategy and meeting with key stakeholders.
- Developing a vision for the Technology Strategy and how it fulfils business and stakeholder needs, goals, opportunities and challenges.
- Reviewing the existing IT Infrastructure to gain an understanding of the existing IT estate.
- Documenting a Technology Strategy with recommendations, associated costs and a roadmap for how to develop the use of IT to deliver the organisation’s Business Strategy.
- Defining the steps and a plan for starting the procurement and implementation required to address the recommendations made in the Technology Strategy.
For firms that compete in today’s society, IT and technology strategy has become increasingly important, due in part to the rate at which technology is constantly updating and evolving. A company’s IT and technological offerings have become a core value in the way in which modern firms operate. A successfully implemented IT and technology strategy can aid a company’s productivity, its efficiency, its marketing, its digital presence, the external and internal customer experience, and can also aid the necessary staff development. Now, more so than ever, IT and technology strategy is becoming an increasingly heavily weighted portion of an organisation’s overall business strategy.
4C Strategies is able to utilise its many years of industry experience in order to help you with the production and implementation of your technology strategy. 4C has exercised various approaches in doing so and generally tailors each client’s strategy to their unique technological requirements. 4C will identify the opportunities and challenges to be addressed by the new technology strategy by reviewing the organisation’s wider business strategy and holding meetings with key stakeholders in order to ascertain their specific needs, and how a successful IT and technology strategy would meet them.
4C is then able to develop a vision for the new IT and technology strategy and how it can best meet with business and stakeholder needs, goals, opportunities and challenges. We will also review the current IT infrastructure in each organization in order to better understand how it works, along with what potential shortcomings the current systems exhibit and how they could be resolved through the implementation of a new IT and technology strategy.
4C Strategies will then document an IT and technology strategy, including recommendations, associated costs and a clear plan of how the firm’s use of IT can be developed to better deliver and adhered to the organisation’s broader business strategy. We will provide a plan defining the relevant steps for beginning the procurement and implementation required to address the recommendations made in the IT and Technology Strategy.